Backyardfunk’s own Crazy C from Orlando,FL spoke out some truth to the young Florida breaking scene. His words extend not just to the young Florida scene, but also the younger up and coming bboys/bgirls across the USA and the world. This is what he had to say:
Things the new generation BBOYS needs to WORK on, and you wonder why FLORIDA SCENE is not the Same.
1. STOP practicing with other bboys who are not in your crew. Unless it’s Family. (Remember everyone is not Family)
2. WHEN another BBOY from other State/Country comes to your city, CALL HIM OUT AND BATTLE. As a BBOY you’re supposed to be territorial. ( Earn your Respect) So when they go back home they talk about you. TOMA
3. GET OUT OF FLORIDA! invest in yourself. You put the hours of training, so if a upcoming jam is for $1000 1 v 1 / 2 v 2 your plane ticket is $200 dollars . When you win your making either 800 or 300 in profit.
PUT in the work Get results.
4. DO your research on O’GS in your state/Worldwide. Chances are a O’G is gonna judge you. Some are biased, some just like to judge according to there style. STUDY YOUR JUDGES BEFORE THEY JUDGE YOU.
5. Battle! Seriously I hate when I walk in a Jam and I’m watching a So called battle with to Bboys shaking hands, hugging it out During WAR! PLAIN AND SIMPLE THIS ART OF DANCING IS NOT Meant for everyone. Some of you Fake it, and some of you we can feel your struggles as you story tell while Dancing.
I DONT KNOW WHY IM SHARING THIS I DONT DO THIS LOL.
I JUST WANT MY SCENE BACK!
I rather be RAW, then Dope
I rather Dance , Then Breakdance!
I’m Crazyc Representing BACKYARD FUNK Orlando, Fla 15 years Strong.