For today’s blog we wanted to do a survey on a very important aspect in our scene. Why are most events not very Hiphop? For the last decade, breakin events have been about JUST breakin and not much Hiphop (fyi, this doesn’t apply to all events). Younger generations and others at fault are now referring to the breaking community as “breakin culture” and going as far as to stating that breakin is it’s own culture. Saying such things means breakin separated itself from Hiphop Culture to create its own. We at The Bboy Spot know that breakin is an element of Hiphop Culture and support it as such, but we want to hear from you.
So, naturally, we’ve a couple questions for you!
1) Is breakin is its own culture?
2) Should breakin be its own culture?
3) Do you care about other elements of Hiphop?
4) Have you taken an interest in researching about Hiphop Culture?
5) Are breakin events too competition base?
6) Have you traveled outside your state to experience other breakin events?
7) Would you like to see other Hiphop elements implemented to modern breakin events?
8) and…how long have you been breakin for?
If you can, answer these questions for us to get a better understanding of the current state of mind in the breakin today. There is no voice better than the voice of the community!